My Architectural practice was formed in 2006 and is based in Edinburgh’s Southside. A great deal of my workload now involves extending and altering every variation of Edinburgh house type. I have also been involved in projects recently as far afield as Lauder, North Berwick, Aberdeen, Auchterarder and Oban. Since 2009 I have also been providing architectural design services to the Scottish Court Service on a variety of small and medium sized court and office projects. Added to my experience from previous employment I have over 25 years of experience in the design of a great variety of projects and building types in both the public and private sector.
Working as a sole practitioner, I am involved in each project from inception to completion. My personal and professional reputation is at stake on each commission and I take a great deal of satisfaction from seeing the project through to a successful conclusion, no matter the scale. The service I offer is therefore very personal and allows me to get to the heart of the individual client requirements and provide an appropriate design solution.
Often this is a balance between time, cost and design quality constraints. I strongly believe that good architecture is important at every scale of building and every budget. The key to success on these sometimes small and complex projects is experience, attention to detail and good communication. Clients have only one point of contact and that is reassuring, being chief cook and bottle washer.
My aim is to win the respect of clients, help the public appreciate beauty in architecture and make the places we live in just a little bit better.
- BArch (Hons) in Architecture, Heriot-Watt University & Edinburgh Art College, 1983-1988.
- DipArch in Architecture, Heriot –Watt University & Edinburgh Art College, 1989.
- Fully Qualified and Registered Architect (ARB), 1990
- Chartered Architect – Associate of Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (ARIAS), 1990.
- Carillion/Roffey Park from 1996 – 1998 – Executive Management Development Programme (Construction related Business Studies)